Parma City of Gastronomy and Perfume is a walk through the elegant and typical shops of the center that will fascinate and engage your senses.
A journey that will delight eyes, nose and palate, through the discovery of the gastronomic delicacies that have made the city of Parma famous in the world, Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma and the tasty products of the Parma charcuterie such as Culatello di Zibello, Fiocco, Strolghino, Salame Felino, Coppa, Pancetta, Gola, Culaccia, Spalla Cruda and Spalla Cotta di San Secondo Parmense.
A fresh pasta shop is a must-see stop walking through the city of Parma, to learn about the ingredients of the famous Emilian homemade pasta and its different shapes, to discover the flavors of typical dishes and curious anecdotes. We will be enchanted in front of the colorful counters of the famous patisseries, enjoy their sweet and cosy atmosphere while savoring the delicacies of the Parmesan pastry.
We will also discover the scents of Parma, starting with the unmistakable Violetta di Parma, a symbol of the city and of an era. After a pleasant stop at the Violetta di Parma 1930 shop, a fragrant aperitif will transport us to the Parma of the late nineteenth century, era of the birth of Borsari.
We will learn about the protagonists of the perfume supply chain in Parma, the origins of the first Italian cologne, Acqua di Parma, an iconic fragrance since 1916, and the birth of the other famous perfume and cosmetic companies in the area. We will deepen our knowledge of the Acqua di Parma brand, the history, values, and timeless style of the Maison from its origins to its new declinations, and approach Artistic Perfumery through an engaging sensory experience at one of the historic perfumeries in the city center.
We will conclude our immersion in the colors, scents and aromas of the city with an unusual tasting of artisanal gelato, capable of recalling different olfactory memories related to the city of Parma and its territory.
Parma City of Gastronomy and Perfume is a sensory journey, where gastronomy, perfumery and botany meet, to discover the products that have made Parma famous throughout the world.
- Private expert guide at disposal for 7 hours in Parma
- 6 Food and Wine Stops and 4 stops dedicated to the history of Perfume
- Chopping board of cold cuts: Prosciutto di Parma, Culatello di Zibello, Culaccia, Coppa, Spalla and Salame Felino
- Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Vertical Tasting of Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Traditional Fresh Homemade Pasta (2 types)
- Traditional Sandwich or Focaccia
- Traditional Cakes/Pastries
- Artisanal Gelato
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- 2 Glasses of DOC Parma Hills Wine
- A fragrant aperitif
- Glauco Lombardi Museum entrance fees
- San Filippo Neri Antique Pharmacy and Oratory of San Tiburzio entrance fees
- A visit to Violetta di Parma 1930 shop
- A visit to an Acqua di Parma store
- Anything not specified in the Inclusions
“All our experiences are tailor-made according to the clients requests”