The itinerary takes travelers around the intricate alleys of Capo and Vucciria districts. The food markets are the locations where the magic happens! During the morning street food tour participants will taste several samples such as the panelle (chickpea fritters) and the sfincione (tomato focaccia) but also some challenging specialties, such as the one and only pani ca’ meusa (veal lung and spleen sandwich). Guides will unveil the secrets of the local cuisine, giving recipes, sharing historical info and curiosities. Travelers will visit family-run businesses and learn about their story and secret recipes. During the experience, guides also discuss other topics such as history, daily habits and controversial issues. Travelers also have the chance to step in the oldest bar downtown where to have a cheerful toast with the locals and samples some Sicilian cheese. This tasty experience ends with a seasonal dessert (cannoli in winter time, ice cream in summertime)
- Street food samples (arancini, panelle and crocchè fritters, sfincione pizza, panino con la milza, baked delis, cheese, extra seasonal bites). The amount of food provided substitutes a full meal.
- Seasonal dessert (gelato, or cannoli or other seasonal cakes)
- 2 drinks (beer and wine)
- Licensed guide service
- Water. In order to save plastic, we strongly recommend travelers to bring their own water bottle.
- Experience the streets with a local food expert.
- Try the best daily selection of tasty and challenging street food
- Get in the darkest alleys where you wouldn’t dare to go on your own
- Have a toast with a fine Sicilian sparkling wine and some interesting bruschettas
- Learn about locals’ daily habits and meet the people of the streets
Suitable to: vegetarians and pescatarians (alternatives not guaranteed at every stop)
Not suitable to: allergic to dairy products or gluten, travelers on a low carb diet
Not recommended: to travelers with limited walking and standing capacity. Seats are not guaranteed at food stops.