On this guided tasting tour, Foodies can explore the historic streets and monuments of the city of Ferrari, maestro Pavarotti and Massimo Bottura’s Osteria Francescana, twice winner of The World’s 50 best
Along the way visit several family-run food and wine shops in Modena’s old town, experience the passion
and pride locals put in carrying on their traditions and walk away full from all of the delicious included tastings.
As you explore the famous UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites and the vibrant Albinelli Market, an Art Nouveau covered market built in the 1920s on the model of French markets where locals shop, with your
foodie and experienced licensed guide, you’ll learn about the city’s legends and traditions one bite at a time.
You’ll taste the famous tortellino modenese, an exquisite navel-shaped fresh pasta filled with meat that is eaten with a spoon dipped in broth. Tortelloni, tagliatelle, passatelli, lasagne and all the other types of
Emilian pasta will no longer have secrets at the end of this walk.
Indulge in the authentic flavors of Parmigiano Reggiano, Tigelle accompanied by traditional cured meats such as Prosciutto di Parma, Mortadella, Cunza and Lambrusco wine. Continue your adventure learning all about Modena’s legendary Calzagatti, Gnocco fritto and Borlenghi.
Conclude your journey by tasting mouth-watering traditional cakes and finally artisanal gelato with the famous Traditional Balsamic Vinegar. No visit to the town would be complete without savoring some
delicious balsamic, the black gold once believed to be an elixir of life and panacea.
- Professional local guide
- 5 Food and Wine Tastings / 4 Stops
- Traditional Cakes
- Traditional Fresh Homemade Pasta (Tortellino modenese)
- 1 Glass of Lambrusco Wine
- Vertical Tasting of Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese PDO (3 different ageings)
- Selection of Tigelle: 3 pieces of Traditional Bread stuffed with cured meats such as Prosciutto di Parma DOP, Mortadella Bologna IGP, Lard pesto and a generous sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 Glass of Pignoletto Wine
- Artisanal Gelato
- Traditional Balsamic Vinegar PDO
- Bottled water